A complete Guide about web hosting 2020
In simple words, hosting, which is also known as web storage, is the physical space that you rent on a server where you can save all the information on your web page. It allows your site to be visible among internet users. Normally, this hosting service is used to host a web page in order to make it known and achieve a certain objective: sales, brand creation, lead acquisition, creation of a community, etc.
Think about the folders and files you store on your computer and how they are stored on your computer’s hard drive so they are always accessible. A website is related to a text document: it needs a computer to store. The difference is that the computer where you store your website should always be on if you want it to be available whenever you want to access it.
Web hosting is the service of giving the client space on servers with permanent and reliable Internet connections. It also consists of other quality such as email accounts, databases, etc… Once you have the Web hosting plan associated with your domain you can upload the files to the server, so your website will be accessible from anywhere in the World, 24 hours a day, and 365 days a year.
What is web hosting or hosting for: For your website to be always online and available, it is necessary that you have a web hosting or hosting where you can store it. A computer we are used for working with and a home Internet connection would not be enough to make your website available to everyone. Even if you have enough funds to buy your own server and a very powerful Internet connection, it is not a good idea. It would be too expensive, so renting a web hosting service is the best option.
The hosting companies have their own servers to store their clients’ websites and are located in a Data Processing Center (CPD). That is an infrastructure that has the most advanced security systems (physical and hardware, as well as software) and secure Internet connections, to avoid possible failures or errors in services.
Types of web hosting
Depending on the type of website you have or want to create, you will need a hosting service or another. For example, if you want to create a personal blog, a hosting plan of the most basic would be enough for you. But, if your website is an online store or a corporate website of a large company, perhaps a more professional hosting service suits you.
Although each project is different, we will explain in broad strokes what you might need. If you are not sure or have doubts about which service to choose, you contact the best web hosting providers to advise you.
- Shared hosting: A web hosting or hosting plan provides you with space on a server where you share resources with more users. Depending on the plan you select, you can have several websites hosted on the same hosting. Many providers offer unlimited traffic hosting services; so if one month you have a consumption peak, your website will not be affected and you will not have unexpected costs.
- VPS virtual server: A private virtual server or VPS is a physical server divided into multiple virtual machines independent of each other. Since the hardware is shared, the cost of a virtual server is usually much lower than that of a dedicated (physical) server. The great advantage is that a VPS has guaranteed resources, which are not shared with anyone and that you can use as you prefer.
- WordPress Hosting: A WordPress plan is a server configured and optimized on a platform specialized in WordPress, the CMS (English Content Management System) or the most used content manager in the world. Some providers use SSD disks, Nginx web server, Redis and varnish cache systems, special server-level configurations, automatic updates and backups to ensure the security of your application. Since being one of the most used content managers is the main objective of hackers.
- Dedicated server: Basically, it is defined as a physical machine, a computer, with exclusive use for a single client. That client is an absolute user of that server’s resources, from bandwidth to disk space. Dedicated servers are especially necessary for websites with a large volume of monthly traffic or that need to make serious use of transfer resources, flexibility, and performance.
- Expert hosting: Expert Hosting combines the easy-to-use cPanel and the shorter learning curve of shared hosting with the keen resources, power and performance of VPS. It offers greater power with less complicity. With Hosting Business, you get dedicated bandwidth, CPU and RAM: all the essentials for websites with heavy traffic, data-intensive use or e-commerce.